The Cobra I saw last week | Surreal art

surreal art of cobra and snake's blurred world

Last week I went to my friend Appu’s house and on my way, I saw a kid staring at something lying beside the road. I know that kid; he is my ex-tuition student Ramki. On seeing me, Ramki shouted, “Look… there is a snake!” and his tiny finger guided my eyes towards the snake. I wanted to sound smart, impress him with my knowledge. I began to scan the snake with my eyeglasses but I couldn’t see any distinctive features in that snake. All I could see was its yellow belly and brown outer skin shining in the sunlight.  After guesswork, I declared, “Oh! that is definitely a cobra.” Ramki was scared after hearing that and walked a few steps away from the snake.  I started to display my courage by shouting at the snake and slowly walking towards it. I was also laughing at coward Ramki. Before I finished laughing at him, the snake raised its head, revealing its majestic hood. At that moment, I realized I was right and proved myself as the “snake expert” to my ex-tuition student. The sight of the cobra sent a chill down our spine and we ran away as fast as we could. Ramki ran towards his home and I ran towards Appu’s. I reached there in record time and stayed there for a while. Scary thoughts plagued me and I did not have the courage to walk towards my home. Fortunately, I saw my neighbour Joseph on his scooter and he gave me a lift. While heading towards my home, I looked at the roadside where I had seen the cobra. It was there! Its blood revealed the tyre tracks and I understood that it had been run down by a vehicle. The Cobra lied there lifelessly with a crushed head.
At night, my thoughts about the dead cobra changed from hate to compassion. The cobra was lying beside the road, all alone. With poor vision, it was unable to assess its surroundings. Like a blind man, it was struggling and relying on its ‘ears.’ It was scared of hearing the loud sound of my footsteps and was trying to protect itself.
When I thought more about the Cobra, my mind painted surreal pictures on a dreamy canvas. Gently I drifted off to sleep.

My Instagram profile: Click here

Comments

Popular Posts